- We gave birth to a very healthy Gabriel who has been a spirited, jovial, stubborn, and beautiful blessing from God. We can not imagine what life would be like without him making us laugh, giving us his "best hugs," ordering us around, fighting to redefine what it means to be the youngest, and putting the m-a-n in the term "little man."
- I achieved earning my National Board Certification in Teaching Young Adult Science.
- I have changed teaching jobs a couple times which has been challenging, rewarding, and such a learning experience. However, we are now settling down this year into homeschooling Meredith in second grade, Nora in kindergarten, and Gabe in Pre-K.
- Speaking of which, yes, we now homeschool our children. There are so many reasons that we have decided to do this and I feel like this will make for a blog post in of itself--so stay tuned.
- John is growing in his position with the Department of Transportation--yet another area that God is working out.
- We have been to and from Jamaica for mission trips with our church family at PRFM.
- We have accomplished many projects around the house and as I look around, I see our thumbprint in every corner. I love how our house is lived in, reflects our style, speaks of our faith, welcomes us to gather closely, and entertains our dear family and friends.
- Lucy (the dog) is now 11 years old and we have a little 8 month old Chihuahua named Chloe who became a member of our family for Meredith (but becomes my little baby after bedtime).
- We have taken a prayerful and timely journey into becoming a foster/adoptive family, have received our license, and are receiving our first placement this week.
So referring back to that final bullet point, our new journey in being foster/adoptive parents is what has spurred the resurrection of this blog. My pastor/friend recommended that I start to journal this experience and while I considered journaling privately, I realized that I am more of a transparent person and that this foster/adoptive experience is not mine to own alone. Many of you are taking this walk of faith and obedience with us and I thought it would be fitting that we share an appropriate amount of details and insight in this manner (yes, I do know how to walk the line of too much information despite what our family/friend peanut gallery may believe). I invite you to read The Partin Family Blog (ed. 2016) as we reflect on parenting all of the children in our home, adopting, homeschooling, working, serving, living, and loving all in the name of the Lord.
I leave you with this chorus of the blog post titled theme song...it just seems fitting in this season of our lives.
(Chorus:)
Everywhere you look,
Everywhere you go
There's a heart
(There's a heart)
A hand to hold onto.
Everywhere you look,
Everywhere you go
There's a place,
Of somebody who needs you
Everywhere you look.
When you're lost out there and you're all alone,
A LIGHT is waiting to carry you home.
Everywhere you look.
Everywhere you look.



No comments:
Post a Comment