
As of yesterday, I am officially 28 weeks pregnant!!!! I visited the doctor and completed, as well as passed, my gestational diabetes test--so no diabetes for me! My feet have really started to swell so the doctor has advised me to stay off of them as much as possible--my response, Doc, do you know what I do for a living? Luckily for me, John purchased a great pair of Danska shoes as an early anniversary gift so that has helped a little.
In addition, Doctor Louk measured my belly which has measured in at a whopping 31 cm. Apparently, my belly should only measure in at 28 for 28 weeks so the doctor is concerned that I may be having a big baby. He asked what I weighed when born, which was 9 lbs. 13 oz. He has warned me that we may have to do another ultra-sound to find out how big the baby is close to my due date and look at our "options". When asked what the "options" were, he replied with the dreaded words "cesarean section". I was delivered via C-section but I was really hoping to give a vaginal birth. However, I was informed that there would probably be less sutures if I had a C-section and those of you who know me well, I don't handle pain like a champ thus, C-section might sound like a plan to me! Also, I will need to get the Rh injection this week.
Some have also asked what I think the gender is at this point--to be honest, I have no clue. Yesterday it felt like a boy and today a girl, so who knows! I will say that I finally had a dream in which the baby had a gender--it was a boy! Does that mean anything?
I hope you are all having a great holiday season thus far and enjoy the cartoon! It could not be more right on for 28 weeks--it is from http://www.baby-gaga.com/ for the 28th week of pregnancy. I will hopefully be posting a picture soon of the belly or what I like to call, my 31 cm bag of popcorn! At times, the baby moves in a manner that my whole belly jumps like there is popcorn popping :)!



No comments:
Post a Comment