
Ok, so this may be too much information for alot of you, but I have found out something really interesting this weekend! I started getting little red bumps that have broken out all over my growing belly and they started itching like crazy. I looked into it online and it is called PUPPP which is essentially a pregnancy rash. There is really nothing they can do about it (although, I currently have the OB GYN office looking into it) and it does not go away until the baby is born, interesting enough. Apparently, only 1 in 300 pregnant women get the rash and 70% of those women have a boy! There has been some research done and "they" say that it has something to do with the male fetal DNA acting as a skin irritant to women sensitive to whatever changes it causes. Also, "they" say that it is not harmful to mom or baby so that is why no more research has been done--personally, I say that "they" have not experienced it before!!!!! So....until I have this baby, which could possibly be a boy or a girl really, I will be itching like crazy! What a way to spend my last four months of pregnancy (I am now 20 weeks along)! Although, to give my friend Katie McWilliams some credit, at least they aren't multiple kidney stones--I am so glad you feel better, Katie!



1 comment:
Interesting! Hopefully the itching won't be too bad! 70% are boys, huh? :-) I cannot believe you are already 5 months along. How exciting!!
And thanks for the comment about me feeling better. I JUST missed having to have surgery (it was scheduled for today). Thank God! This is what I would have to be doing today - http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/ureteroscopy. Does NOT look exciting!!! Haha!
Post a Comment