Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Our Baby at 18 Weeks!



Today we got to see Baby Partin at 18 weeks! We went to the doctor and had a 45 minute ultrasound. It was really exciting and definitely confirmed that this child is its father's child. Baby was cool, calm, and collected with one arm propped behind its head and the other alternating between reaching out and grabbing its toes and waving at us by opening and closing its fist. At one point, it sighed/yawned as if to say, "I am so glad to meet you mommy and daddy but honestly, I am bored with this and would love to go back to sleep :)." Another confirmation that this is John's child is that its knee came very close to its nose on many occasions. Funny story, when John was in high school, he was doing the high jump in track and his knee came up and broke his nose. So.....first the cravings for orange juice and now the knee to the nose. If that weren't enough, our little baby's head is the size of an 18 week 6 day old baby rather than a baby that is exactly 18 weeks old. We can thank Daddy for that and I am sure I will be "thanking" him when it comes time to push!

But, the baby is completely healthy and everything is completely normal! They moved our due date from March 2nd to March 5th. We have the name picked if it is a boy but are struggling with a girls name. Any suggestions? Also, we have a very cool 15 minute long DVD of our little one...let us know if you would like to come over and see it!

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

I love the picture! Hmmm... Are you feeling "boy"? Might be handy with all these boy clothes and toys we have around! Either Barbies or Monster Trucks---can't wait to meet Baby Partin!

Katie said...

YAY!! I love your blog, I'm going to make a link to it on mine. AND, Baby Partin is soooooo cute. I am so excited about meeting him/her!! Story is too cute! Now just think with this blog, you'll have an easy way to show Baby Partin all your thoughts/feelings, etc. during your pregancy. How cool is that! So happy for you and John!!

Farrah said...

Hi! VERY cute-you guys are lucky to have such a clear ultrasound photo. We're excited for you and can't wait for your little one to meet ours (Anna Ruth-using both names-born 9-28-07 if you haven't heard.) I liked Fiona as a little girl's name, but Sidney said we were both of English, not Irish, descent. Who cares if you like the name?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones