Sunday, March 30, 2008

Really?? 6 Weeks Old???

Well, you wouldn't think that a baby could change that much in one week BUT she has!!! Meredith is smiling a lot more now especially when her mommy and daddy talk in a really high pitched baby talk tone....it gets the smiles but I don't know if we win cool points for it. The picture is of John unsuccessfully attempting to catch a smile on camera. Also, this was a landmark week in that we have moved her from the bassinet beside our bed to her crib in her room. Since she has started cooing and "talking" more, she is making a whole lot more noises in her sleep making for those 5-6 combined hours of sleep we get not "great" sleep. We haven't had a problem with her going to sleep in the crib, however, she is now going from waking up only once in the middle of the night to waking up two to three times. We are told this is a phase when you change the sleeping arrangements and that it too shall pass--pray that it will pass! In addition, Meredith is doing a great job of starting to hold her head up (this may not sound exciting to some of you but it is HUGE for us!). John decided that since she is holding her head up a little more, we needed to start getting use out of our Bumbo . However, she got exhausted of holding her head up and fell asleep while mommy helped her hold her head up. Don't worry, we quickly took her out of the seat and let her nap in her swing...don't call child protective services!

On a side note, this week should be interesting. I am returning to work on Thursday and Meredith will start going to a sweet lady down the street who also keeps babies of other teachers who I work with. I am looking forward to returning to work but very nervous about how I will feel dropping my sweet baby girl off to be put in someone else's care. We will keep you updated on how it goes!

Before I close out this post, I would also like to make a "shout out" to my friend Tyler! It was exciting to talk to you and we are so glad to hear so many good things are happening for you!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

time really flies! She is really growing!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones