Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Happy Easter, everyone--HE IS RISEN! Well, this fifth week has been great for Meredith but very tough for mommy and daddy. Meredith had her five week pediatrician appointment with a report that she is almost 9 lbs, is 21 inches long, and has beautiful glowing skin. Meredith is doing alot of fun things this week as well. I noticed that she has been watching the television when lying on the floor on a quilt and so I started playing Baby Einstein DVDs, which she LOVES. She is also making alot more cooing sounds and really starting to follow us as we move across the room.

In addition, with my birthday tomorrow, we also had great visitors as well. My father (aka Grandpa) and my brother (aka Uncle Michael) came to visit on Friday and had a great time with Meredith, John and I. Grandpa got to feed Meredith and Uncle Michael played with her alot on the floor. Also, John got some down time and played the Wii with Michael.

We also celebrated Meredith's first Easter with John's side of the family (aka Granna, Poppa, Uncle Jimmy, Auntie Melissa, Cousin IV, Great-Grandmother Nanny, and Great-Uncle Wayne). Meredith got to watch cousin IV look for Easter eggs and she also got to open her very first Easter basket from the Easter Bunny.

So you may be wondering, how was it tough for mommy and daddy? Well, on Thursday, I came down with mastitis which caused me to go into a fever that spanned anywhere from 101 to 103 degrees. Then, on Friday evening, it spiked to 105 degrees for three hours. Due to doctor's orders, I went into the emergency room where the fever finally broke and I progressiv
ely got better to where I feel 100% today--THANK GOODNESS!

By the way, in case you are wondering why I may have not put her in a cute Easter dress, please know, I DID! I had her in a beautiful blue and green polka dot dress with an empire waste BUT she had a bit of a blow out that dirtied her white tights, bloomers, and a little of her dress,
THEN when being changed, she pee peed on the
rest of her dress, AND THEN, if that wasn't enough, she spit up on the top part of the dress. Needless to say, that idea was OUT!













Daddy and Meredith




















Mommy and Meredith














Uncle Jimmy, Auntie Melissa, and Meredith














Cousin IV and Meredith

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I love that pic of her with IV!

Anonymous said...

What two beautiful kids!
Has to come from the "PARTIN" side of the family!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones