
I had my 36 week check-up at the OB/GYN's office yesterday. I have to say, part of me has been hoping that they would say, "You are full term, the baby is fully developed, and guess what?! You are already dialated 3cm and absolutely HAVE to go ahead and take maternity leave!!!" I don't think anything says it better than the 36 week cartoon on baby-gaga.com. I have come to realize that the 9th month is not a glamorous one.
So, to give you an update, my blood pressure was fine and I am neither dialated nor has my cervix effaced quite yet. The baby IS in the head down position and his/her heartbeat was 150. The doctor and nurse were very concerned about my swelling and they wanted me to put my feet up more during the day. I thought that was the most humorous of all...putting my feet up? While teaching 9th graders? In fact, they even asked if there was a place I could lay down during my 3rd block planning! My response, I could use the sick room, but then I would be around a bunch of sick kids--no thanks! So, their response was for me to prop my feet up during planning and when I get home in the evening, immediately lie down on my left side to encourage my body to excrete the extraneous fluid. I am blessed, though, that this is not preeclampsia and that the baby is doing fantastic!
If you will, however, just say a quick prayer that this last month goes quickly, healthily, and with very little stress. I am facing stress both with my new students as well as outside of school that often occupies my mind and keeps me from maintaining my sanity. I hope all is well and that we will have adorable pictures of Ben/Meredith within the month! 4 weeks and counting!



No comments:
Post a Comment