Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wow! Has it been that long?

As I looked at the last time I posted, I was shocked! It has been a while and we have been really busy! So a quick recap of some major events:





*I returned to work and have three great classes. I am teaching two sections of Physical Science and one Biology. My kids are really good and it has been a fun semester thus far. Midterms are this week so we are busy with that!





*I had my 10 year high school reunion which was a blast! Check out my facebook for pictures from that!





*John has been swamped with some major projects including the new Highway 311 bypass. He does such a great job and I am so proud of him!





*Meredith is just thriving! She is doing very well and has become a little mommy both at school with the younger children in her class and at home with Nora.





*We went to see Yo Gabba Gabba live with Mom and Kenny...the girls LOVED it and it was a whole lot of fun! We are so thankful they thought of us and bought the tickets! It truly was a special weekend!





*Nora rolled over on October 7th and has started eating cereal and sweet potatoes. She wasn't too keen on the cereal at first (she LOVES her bottle). However, starting this week, when she sees the spoon, she opens wide! :) She is a darling little girl and has such a sweet sweet demeanor. We are just in love with her and just the thought of her makes me smile and ache to hold her!





*John and I had been training for a half marathon which is 13.1 miles in Myrtle Beach. This past weekend, on the 24th we ran the half marathon and it was a huge accomplishment! John finished in 2:30:00 and I finished in about 2:45:00 :). We received a great medal for finishing the race within 3:30:00.





*The NCSU games have kept us busy and we have been pleased with how our boys have been doing for the most part--we are looking forward to the FSU vs. NCSU game tomorrow night!





*John's birthday is coming up and he is going to be 30! Ha ha!





*I have finished my training and have become a Stephen Minister at our church. If you do not know what that is, visit the following website: http://www.stephenministries.org/





I am sure there is much more I am forgetting! I will try to update a little more often....man, life with two kids is crazy!



Nora this weekend at Elaine's while John and I were in Myrtle Beach to run the marathon.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Nora already looks so much bigger than she did a few weeks ago. Congrats on the marathon - I'm so impressed! I'm glad you updated, although I see how you might be just a bit busy! We miss you guys!

Anna Ruth said...

I'm so glad you posted. I've been waiting to see pictures. Glad you are doing good.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones