Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nora: 2 Month Update

Well, Nora is 2 months...technically, she is now closer to three months but I thought I would give a quick update. She had her check up and is 11 lbs 10 oz. and 22 3/4" which puts her in the 75th percentile for height and weight. She is smiling and cooing which just warms my heart. She has a really really sweet demeanor which just reminds me of John. She enjoys (and I got approval from the doctor to continue) sleeping on her tummy. She is a little gassy and, I think, intolerant of the sugar lactose (which is in all dairy products). I have to stay away from milk, ice cream, and large quantities of cheese (which probably helps with my weight loss!). She has started sleeping in her crib successfully for naps and at night time. She sleeps pretty well at night getting up usually only once for a feeding between 2 and 4AM. However, she isn't a great napper and naps only 30-45 minutes at a time. We all just seem to fall in love with her more and more each day. If you ask Meredith what her sister's name is, she responds: "Baby Sister Nora Partin". It's cute!
















I am posting a picture of Meredith vs. Nora at two months. Let me know how you think they compare!
























In other news, we had, what I would consider, the best family vacation that I can ever remember with my family in July to Lake Lure (I am waiting on getting all of the pictures from PeePaw Kenny before I do a post). I have lost 24 pounds to date since returning from the hospital after having Nora. AND, John and I have registered for the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon in October and have begun to train. We are both up to running somewhere between 3-4 miles at this point. We will keep everyone updated!


1 comment:

Anna Ruth said...

Great post! I love seeing and hearing the updates. I think Nora has brighter eyes but the shapes look the same. Hope you are doing well!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones