Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm coming out....

The girls and I were ready to venture out of the house as a family for the first time since Nora's arrival so we had a fun weekend as a family. We visited the zoo for the first time since receiving our year pass, which is a great deal since we are only about 20 minutes away. On Saturday, we visited the Africa section of the zoo using our double stroller for the first time (thanks, Mom!). Nora slept through the whole thing but Meredith had a great time! She especially loved the chimpanzees, the "baballoons", and the elephants. It was kind of a hot day so we only stayed for about 3 hours with plans to return soon. However, the trip was long enough and busy enough to totally wipe Meredith out.


































































On Sunday, we returned to church after a Sunday off since having Nora. It was really really great to see everyone. I always miss going to church and hate missing Sundays. We have a really great church family and Sunday School class. They are a huge support! In fact, our Sunday School class, small group, and the Stephens Ministry (in which I am training to be a part of) has signed up and have been bringing meals to us each Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday since Nora's arrival and will be bringing us meals up until the middle of July. It is an incredible help in addition to something I look forward to on those days. After spending days nursing and playing toddler games, I look forward to the adult interaction! :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones