This Easter we celebrated the day before by going on an Easter egg hunt with IV before he, Auntie "Hey Baby" and Uncle Jimmy left for Atlanta. On Easter Day, it was lovely being able to get dressed up (thanks, Anne Marie for letting me borrow the spring-y maternity dress) and head to church. John and I find it so important that Meredith always finds herself surrounded by other believers rejoicing in the life, death, and resurrection of Christ at Easter. I was asked to play a flute trio with Anne Marie Trammell and Mallory Griffin which was fun.
After church, we made our way over to Ben and Elaine's house for a yummy lunch with Nanny and Uncle Wayne. We were also pleased that Matt, Maureen, and Cadence McGee were able to join us for lunch and an Easter Egg hunt. The girls had a blast as they raced around the yard figuring out this Easter Egg hunt thing. I think they have caught on and we will need to come up a way to stall them next year.
**In light of reflection of new life, I guess this would be an appropriate place to give a Nora update. Nora is growing--trust me, she is GROWING! Her heart rate was 135 at the last check up which I think is interesting. Meredith always had a heart rate of about 150-155. My blood pressure is within normal range although it is high for me. However, while swelling has picked up, it doesn't seem to be worse that what is to be expected with the incoming heat and the last trimester of pregnancy which means no toxemia (yet). I will say that I put on a size 11 shoe this morning (I normally wear a 10) and they were tight which officially made me feel like I am as big as I feel! There are nine more weeks before we hope Nora will grace us with her presence. We are hoping she can hang on in utero until at least May 28th. We have moved Meredith out of the nursery into her big girl room (pictures to come) and are focused on reorganizing and sprucing up the nursery. We know these next 9 weeks will fly by.**



No comments:
Post a Comment