Sunday, December 27, 2009

What a great Christmas!

Well, Christmas continued to be wonderful for our household (we hope yours was as well!). On the morning of Christmas Eve, Meredith and I had the adventure of making cookies for Santa--Meredith ate more sprinkles than she put on the cookies. We were also able to attend service at Emerywood Baptist where John had a solo in the Cantata. The service was especially reflective and intimate even with the sanctuary packed full! After, the service, we went back to Ben and Elaine's house to enjoy breakfast for dinner and open gifts with the Partin side. Meredith got some wonderful and thoughtful gifts such as a new table and chairs hand-made by a local carpenter as well as a great Leapfrog reading system that she plays with on her new table. We finally made it home in time for Meredith to quickly go to sleep before Santa visited our home.
On Christmas morning, Meredith gave us a gift by sleeping until 9AM. When she awoke, we opened "pesents" that were under the tree. Santa gave her a new percussion instrument set and her very first soccer ball and "Meredith-size" goal. We then went to Ben and Elaines for lunch and a quiet afternoon with the family adding Uncle Wayne and Nanny. I am so thankful that Meredith has been able to spend some quality time with her great-grandmother. We then returned home for nap-time. John and I decided that it would be special to watch "The Nativity" so we turned it on and reflected on the story of the birth of Jesus while our little gift slept. We are so thankful for the birth of our Savior and for the yearly reminder of the incredible story of his birth. Our church has been reflecting a lot on Mary this past month and I have been really pondering what it must have been like to be her! Can you imagine how she really felt when the Holy Spirit came upon her to tell her she would be a virgin pregnant with a child and that he is the long-awaited Savior? It blows my mind and I just pray that I would be so willing when God calls on me--in fact, I hope that I haven't missed his calling in any way!

Today, we took down decorations and spent quality time as a family. Meredith is at such a fun age and through the last couple weeks, it blows my mind how much she is absorbing and immitating! We find that we laugh all of the time at the wonderfully cute new things she is saying and learning! It is such a blessing to be a parent! As far as our angel baby #2, things are still progressing perfectly as I can tell. I am having a lot of braxton hicks contractions but am in close contact with my doctors office on how to manage them. We are anxiously waiting for January 8th when we find the sex. :-D
P.S. Kenny, I need your pictures from Christmas at our house for the blog!!!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones