Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer is approaching.....

...and I am so thankful! First, I want to apologize to all of you faithful readers that I didn't post last week. These past two weeks have been incredibly busy! Meredith is now, according to "What to Expect in the First Year", far beyond her newborn stage. How sad! But, she is doing all kinds of fun things that makes it easy to spend hours and hours playing with her! These past two weeks, she has begun holding a rattle and bringing it, along with anything else she picks up, to her mouth. She is also giggling more and squealing! We love tickling her until she giggles uncontrollably. In addition, she is realizing and letting us know when she is bored. We are blessed to have so many "play" stations for her--the bouncy chair, the Bumbo chair, the swing, her Baby Einstein Discover and Play, and her jungle gym. I know I know I know...she is spoiled. However, I will say, we did not purchase any of those items for her--they are thanks to wonderful gift-givers at our showers before Meredith was born.

We have also had some wonderful visitors who Meredith got to play with! Tabitha Thomas visited last weekend and Meredith and I were able to get lots of girl time! Also, today, Scott and April Calton came to visit from Pennsylvania. John and Scott are long time friends who met as freshmen at NC State University--Scott was also John's best man. We had not seen them for a year and a half and missed them so much! Meredith adored them and their cute dog, Buddy! Come back and visit soon, you guys!

As far as other things going on, John has been busy working with Project Cornerstone to renovate a house that will become the Phelps House for Caring Services. Caring Services caters to women who are starting over after hardships in their lives, mostly chemical dependency. Since I am also on the Project Cornerstone team, I will have the pleasure of designing and ordering the kitchen cabinets and appliances--right up my alley! With respect to school, I have been wrapping up my teaching and reviewing for exams. My last day with students, as well as graduation, is on
Friday with next Wednesday being my last workday. I am looking so forward to summer and spending lots of time with Mer. Also, I will begin rehearsing this week for an Archdale community choir/band performance next Sunday at Archdale United Methodist Church....let me know if you would like to come!

This week, we will both be busy with work--John with his projects and I with EOCs and final exams. John will also wrap up his church league softball season with a tournament. We hope you are enjoying this warm, summer-like weather like we are.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones